10 Quirky Instagram Hashtags
Adding tags to your photos is a great way to find new followers and share your photos with more people but once in a while, you find those unusual hashtags that peak your interest and you find yourself scrolling through hundreds of photos. Here's a list of my favourite quirky hashtags.
1. #Ihavethisthingwithfloors - Founded by @piervanwijmen, the hashtag seems similar to #fromwhereIstand but it isn't. This tag features mosaic tile floors from Spain to Italy to Morocco. Amuse yourself with the shoes that seem to colour co-ordinate with the tiles.
2. #thecoloredwallseries - You've got to watch the spelling of this hashtag as it is the Americanised word "colored" unlike our British word "coloured". It is one of my favourite hashtags and one I use often. It features people or animals artistically standing in front of colourful walls, murals and graffiti. Pure art! The tag was founded by @badgaalrii and sometimes has different IGers picking the best walls on a weekly basis.
3. #morelinesthanLindsayLohan - I don't know who started this tag but they certainly have a sense of humour. This hashtag features symmetrical lines in buildings. IGers who use this hashtag also tend to tag #morelinesthanDeNiro and #morelinesthanCharlieSheen, which are just as amusing. If you're into architecture, you will be in awe of the IG posts under these tags.
4. #flatlayforever - Founded by @hellomissmay, this hashtag features food photographed from directly above. Nom nom nom!
5. #fromabovetheirheads - I love this hashtag! It's about photographing people from above. It was founded by the lovely @zoecaldwell who was just showing a different perspective to photography. Under this hashtag, you'll find photos of tiny people rowing their boats and some photos of football fans. Very interesting!
6. #lifeisbetterinneon - I started this hashtag as I have a keen interest in art and light installation. I was inspired by the late Chris Bracey after visiting his workshop and looking to buy an art piece for my bathroom. Sadly Chris Bracey passed away but his friends opened a cafe at his workshop in Walthamstow which exhibits most of Bracey's neon lights. I wish I could flood my Instagram page with all those vintage lights. Other IGers have taken an interest in my hashtag and added to it. These IGers include the likes of @mrroythomas and @hernamewascharlie.
7. #thickthighssavelives - I don't know who started this one but my! my! my! This hashtag is for the curvier girls to know that they should be proud of what they look like. There is far too much pressure in the media to look fit and to be skinny so this hashtag celebrates women with a little more meat on their bones. Be proud of your bodies, ladies.... and gentlemen, you're welcome! ;)
8. #theworldneedsmorespiralstaircases - Did we appreciate spiral staircases before Instagram? Probably not. But because of this hashtag, a lot of IG users are always on the hunt for the perfect spiral staircase. Some hotels have reported having people coming in just to photograph the staircase. One such hotel is St Pancras Renaissance. Click on the hashtag and you're bound to come across its beautiful refurbished staircase.
9. #whencarsmatchplaces - I came across this hashtag by accident after visiting several pages on IG and set about trying to find cars that match houses within my neighbourhood. Under this hashtag, you'll find the cutest vintage cars parked next to colourful houses.
10. #diaryofamoleperson - What is a mole person? We'd have to ask @mumhadoneofthese as he seems to have most of the top posts under this hashtag. Under this tag, you'll not only find beauty in London's extensive tube network, but other underground tunnels and car parks.
Leave a Reply.